Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas on the Hipster Homestead

As you can tell from my youngest's (that's Maddie, she's four and pretty fabulous) face, we had a pretty successful Christmas over here on the hipster homestead.

We had presents, French toast with strawberries, family, and we watched A Christmas story (like we have every single year since, well, since forever). Cadence, who is seven and quite the independent woman, if you get my meaning, became a ballerina, a horseback rider, and the proud owner of one easy bake oven. I was definitely just as excited as her about that one. I mean, I had one when I was her age, so that makes it retro. And wicked cool.

We also got her a rainbow loom, which neither her father nor I could figure out how to do without becoming completely frustrated and kind of (ok a lot of) losing our cool. Fellow parents, don't buy your kids one of these unless you are very ambitious and have very nimble fingers.

Jaxon, my sweetest (I know we aren't supposed to have favorites, but damn it that boy has my heart!), built plamobiles until his little five year old fingers could take no more. Then he proceeded to smash on his drum pad for about an hour. Thanks for that Santa.

All, in all, it was the perfect day. I got tons of new art goodies that I can't wait to start playing around with and showing off to you guys because that's just how I get down, including a gorgeous calligraphy set from the hipster husband. We got to spend time with both of our families, eat way too much food, and basically just love eachother all day long. It doesn't get any better than that, well, except maybe for this blanket.

Yup, it's covered in our instagram pics. Can't out hipster this family.

 

Merry Christmas and much love!!

The HipsterHousewife xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment