Sunday, December 29, 2013

Not a fashion blogger


I love clothes. Call me vain, I like to look good. I paitiently waited for, missed, and then stalked the Isabel Marant for H&M collection on eBay; spending an absurd amount of money on a sweater. But I'm not trying to be a fashion blogger. In fact, I'm not entirely sure what kind of blogger I'm trying to be as of yet.
I don't really qualify as a mommy blogger, because my kids are "just my step kids". I won't even dignify that one with a response, but, yeah, there is that.
I'm not a foodie blogger, because me and the husband eat box pizza from Shaw's every single Sunday after church. Without fail. I love to cook (and my family will tell you I'm rather good at it) (hashtag humble brag) but I know the box pizza is a disqualifier.
I'm not a DIY blogger, because while I do love to create, make, and generally make art, I don't want to give all of my secrets away. Haha! No seriously.
Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I'm not not trying to be a fashion blogger, I promise. There are plenty of ladies out there with quite a bit more money and better photographers (the hipster husband took these charming snaps) who are far more adequately equipped to do the fashion-blogger-I'm-so-fabulous thing. But! I got new boots!
They are Kork-Ease and I'm in love. My mother in law saw them on one of my pintrest boards with the simple title "obsessed" and got them for me for Christmas.
As you can clearly see, I had a hard time taking this little photo shoot seriously. Our farmers porch is pretty though, isn't it? And I know my hat is fabulous. The dress is from the Narciso Rodriguez collab at Kohls, the bag is vintage Coach, and my awesome new winter jacket is from this special website for us tall ladies, LongTallSally. Granted, it's a silly name, but being 6'1 makes finding anything that's long enough quite a trick, so it's been a lifesaver as far as coats go.
This is my 'I'm a fashion blogger' pose. It's painful, I know.
That's it for today. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for the outpouring of love and support I received in response to my testimony I shared yesterday. Seriously, isn't God just amazing? I know it's a jump to go from a post like that, to one like this, but that kind of randomness is to be expected if you decide to follow along here.
I suppose eclectic is the best word for it.
It's just the way I operate.






No comments:

Post a Comment