Friday, January 3, 2014

Bacon pancakes!

I've got two words for you my friends.

Bacon. Pancakes.

As in, two of the yummiest breakfast foods made into one crazy flavor explosion.


The idea actually came from the children's show 'Adventure Time' on Cartoon Network. There's a song literally about bacon pancakes.

"Makin' pancakes, makin' bacon pancakes, I take some bacon and I put it in a pancake, bacon pancakes that's what I'm gonna make, bacon pancaaaaakes."

Catchy, isn't it? So catchy that my husband made it his ringtone. Don't get me started on that one.

 

Please don't judge me for my dirty table ;)

He's been pretty much obsessed with the idea of bacon pancakes ever since. So, seeing as how we're snowed in and basically just relaxing, we decided to give them a go. I was skeptical to the say the least (that's why I made the choco chip pancakes too), but these things are crazy good.

Just make your bacon like you normally would (we baked ours at 400 for about 15-20 minutes so it would be extra crispy), make your pancakes like you normally would, put the bacon into the pancake as it's cooking and voila, BACON PANCAKES!

Super easy, and I'm positive your kids will love it. Next up, maple sausage pancakes!

 

post signature

 

No comments:

Post a Comment