Saturday, January 4, 2014

Love Buzz, Baby

Guess what?!

No, really, guess.

Ok, I'll just tell you. I applied to this amazing art show out in Lowell at Mill No. 5 (which is an actual old mill. So cool.) a while back, kind of on a whim. I've never done any vendor shows on any scale and Love Buzz is a rather large scale event.

So, did you guess yet?! I'm in! I'm one of the cool kids! I get to sit at the popular table! I'm so excited I can't stop writing with exclamation marks!

The Hipster a Housewife has her first gig ladies and gentlemen. They like me, they really, really, like me.

It's on February 1st, so I have about a month to get my sh*% together and make a bunch of pretty stuff. It's a valentine/lovey-dovey themed event and my first thought was cards, people love cool cards. And then I thought, well, I'm already challenging myself to make a piece a day, why not make card designs? And then I said to myself, why am I using so many italics?


Totes xx

Nothing like a good old fashioned, tongue in cheek valentine. I think I'll give this one to my bestie.

I also have to figure out how to get some good quality prints done of my work without spending an arm and a leg. Isn't it scary when you catch yourself saying things your mother says? 'An arm and a leg' who says things like that? My mother, that's who. I'm old.

Anyway, I digress.

I have a ton of work to do. But as it turns out, I actually have some time to do it in. I found out this morning that we have no work (that's at my day job, construction, not my fabulous night job in which there is always something to keep me busy). And of course I immediately called the husband and freaked out, because we depend on my paycheck, like big time. He talked me down (like always), we got off the phone, and I just started praying. One of those desperate, please help me Lord prayers that you mumble under your breath as you drive down the street in the snow, or rain, or whatever. I was scared. I am scared, but I have faith that my father in heaven will provide.

And of course he did, almost right away. I got home an the email was there, along with the opportunity to bring in some funds. The whole thing is a HUGE opportunity to get my name and brand out there. I just feel so blessed tonight.

Great is His faithfulness.

post signature

 

No comments:

Post a Comment